The Director will guide and implement APALF’s vision, strategic direction, programs and development efforts. The director will report to APALF’s Founder Ronald Wong and APALF’s Board of Directors. The position will be located in Los Angeles or Sacramento.
Major duties include:
Program Management & Event Planning
- Plan and organize the annual CALNET Leadership Retreat, APALF Leadership & Candidate Training Bootcamps, Regional Conferences, and additional events as needed
- Design programs, invite speakers, confirm venues, recruit volunteers, and handle all aspects of event and program planning
- Develop new programs and strategic partnerships with government entities, businesses, and community organizations
- Identify new funding sources and strategies
- Develop and implement a Foundation fundraising strategy
- Write grant applications for Foundation and government funding
- Prepare reports and presentations related to programs, budget forecasts, etc.
- Plan and manage the organization’s budget
- Create and organize fundraising events with past participants and corporate sponsors
- Manage relationships with existing donors
- Draft press releases, newsletters, website updates, and social media posts around APALF’s activities and accomplishments
- Partner with other APA and civic engagement organizations to brand and position APALF
- Enhance and maintain APALF’s website and social media presence
- Execute social media strategies to amplify APALF’s brand and message
- Develop strategies to position and brand APALF and CALNET’s achievements
- Work with APALF’s team to create collateral pieces and other branding tools
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with partner and community organizations
- Publicly represent and speak on behalf of APALF at meetings and events
- Represent APALF at community events and interface with elected and appointed officials, civic leaders and decision-makers
- Recruit and manage interns and volunteers
- Manage Board relations
- Organize Board meetings
- File and maintain all necessary paper work and tax filings for the organization
- Role may include managing additional staff in the future
Application Process: To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: For more information, please contact email@example.com.